Monday 16 January 2012

Vinyl Revival

Last summer I took part in an event called 'Al Fresco', presented by YoMoFo. A one day mini festival with laid back beats, kids activities and arts and crafts stalls, including one  of my own, selling canvases, skateboards and some clothing bearing my own designs. Aswell as this, the promoter had given me a load of old 12 inch vinyl, all sprayed silver, to doodle on and give to the kids whilst I manned the stall. What started out as a couple of kids watching me scribble on these unwanted records, soon turned into a long que of children, all taking a blank vinyl off the pile and joining the line! It got a bit out of hand and there were some grumpy faces when I had to call it a day! Id spent most of the afternoon doodling on the discs and hardly sold a thing of my own!
   It wasn't a total loss however, I got paid for 3 I did later on when it quietened down and little Louis, who'd wanted a Godzilla vinyl all day and had settled for a quick doodled version, got a birthday treat a few weeks later as his mum commissioned me to paint one with a little more to it!
  Little Sophie Ella's parents also got me to paint one for her bedroom door. After this, I went into overdrive and just painted another 5, which I later sold on a stall at the Beatherder festival. And it didn't stop there.....



No comments: