Wednesday 25 January 2012

Black on yellow triptych

Before I painted the last lot of vinyls in yellow and black, I did this triptych.  It started out as a set of three, simply designed wooden wall hangings bought from Ikea, that I then sprayed with 'Golden Yellow' Montana Gold spray paint and worked on with black Posca paint pens.
 Like most of the work I produce, this piece was for no one in particular, I just had to 'get it out of my system'!  A big part of the nature of Infected By Design, is that if I don't create these pieces in a clinical way, no lines out of place, allowing the image to just come out freely with no initial idea in my head, then I might go back to how I was when i was younger; washing my hands after opening every door handle I touched, lining shoes up before I can go to sleep, or counting everything around me.
This piece currently hangs in the Inkstitute Tattoo Parlour in Cheadle, Manchester . check out their Facebook page here  http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Inkstitute/187516714611002

1 comment:

Dotty Delightful said...

this is excellent, love the black on yellow very bold, it reminds me of Tim Burton - cool