Friday 24 August 2012

A Charitable Infection


This A2 canvas is one I created a few days ago in response to being asked to make an 'artistic donation' for the next Alfresco Family Event on 2nd September at Blackpool Cricket Club.  As well as good music, food, stalls and activities for the kids, there will be an art auction to raise money for the charities 'Woodlands School', 'Brian's House', 'Blue Butterfly' and 'Donna's Dream House'
After I'd finished painting it, I stopped and had a thought that the latest Infection is quite often a by product of the last one, since I end up using the same colour Posca pens to create it.  If you look at the last two posts, you'll see I used black and apple green on lisa's car and then again on the piece I did for her and Tony. The Infection really does spread quickly!  
  This is a good example of one of those pieces that portrays different things for different people, depending on how they look at it that first time.  For example, my girlfriend saw a bird when she looked the first time, but the only idea I had in mind upon starting it, was 'insectoid'! 
  Make of it what you will! 
  For information on the Alfresco Cowbell Carnival on the 2nd September and possibly give yourself a chance to buy the canvas shown above and others by local artists, follow the link below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am now the very proud owner of this superb piece of art. I fell for this as soon as I entered the auction room, but with my very best poker-face, tried not to show too much interest in front of the other browsers!
It was the colours that initially won me over, but I must say the more I look at this the more I love it. It has a kind of dragon feel to it for me. Many thanks for a great piece, very kindly donated for a great cause.
Very best regards,
Jayne