Saturday 4 August 2012

A Transitional Infection


This canvas commission  was quite a personal project, not just because the client is a close friend of mine, but due to the nature of its creation and meaning.
  I hadn't seen Chris properly for a while, so it was good to catch up and reminisce about when we were teenagers, growing up as skateboarders and remembering all the funny stories and sayings we used to band about! 


I won't go into detail describing its meanings, as they are personal to Chris, but I will say that it was created to symbolize a period of change in his life, and as a reminder of the past.  
 I took great pleasure in painting it and he is more than happy with the finished piece.  This was the first time I painted a canvas that was already black when I bought it. 


No comments: