Tuesday 24 July 2012

Infected Piano no.2


Back in January, I was given the opportunity to Infect another piano.  This time, for a friend of a friend of a friend! The owner had seen Chris Martin's painted piano online and with that in mind, along with a list of bands and artwork to go off, asked me to paint his upright piano. 


I worked on it in my usual way, making it up as I went along, but with band logos and artwork for inspiration.  Like with the last upright I painted, some of the curvier areas were harder to paint with my trusty Posca pens and some areas, myself and the owner agreed, were best left alone. 


I had fun with the project though, recreating some of my own favourite bands' artwork, like Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and The Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine'.


It took me a week to complete the job and the owner and his family (who are very friendly people) love what I did with it.  Not long after I finished, they posted photos of the piano up on the internet, which now has over 780,000 hits and a few hundred comments.


Not all of which are complimentary! I'll leave you with the link to that site below so you can read some of them for yourselves.
  I've recently met up with the owner again to do some design work with him and we are looking into getting some more pianos, doing them up and painting them, then trying to sell them. Watch this space for more on that......


Go to the link below and click the 'Just had my piano painted' link. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pest its Suze. this looks amazing!