Wednesday 12 September 2012

Infect Me If You Can!


As followers of my work will know by now, I will Infect anything I can get my hands on! 
  And what better way to recycle used spray cans than to spray the can itself and doodle on it, creating a piece of art from the thing that helps create pieces of art?! 
  I've been using spray paint a lot more recently, for a big art project with Aspired Futures (watch this space for photos of that!), so I've been seeing a lot of empty cans and thought I should have a go at painting some. 

I painted four and sold them within minutes of putting them on my stall at the Alfresco Cowbell Carnival last weekend, all of them to kids! 
  This particular one was commissioned by 'Tha Gods' dj Jonny 'Jaydub' Wilde for his daughter Holly.
  Around the base of the can, I fixed one of the wrist bands Jonny gave me at the carnival.  (Thank Maccy D's Olympic glasses and wrist band promotion for that idea!)


Sprayed with Montana Gold yellow spray paint, then doodled on with black Posca, the surface isn't that easy to work on, but you can bet I'll be painting some more nonetheless! 
You can follow hip hop dj's 'Tha Gods' via Facebook here:



1 comment:

JayDub said...

This is DOPE!

Holly wanted one of these after Alfresco and David said he'd do her something Gods related, it's wicked and she'll love it!

This is a unique piece of art, get in touch and commission them ASAP... Urban art. BOOOOOOOM!