Saturday 18 August 2012

Franky Z and Captain B, Infected is the way to be!


Not long after the paint had dried on Chris' canvas, I was commissioned by another good friend of mine to create this piece based on an image of Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart.  It felt good to have another project to do so soon after the last one, keeping the momentum going and I found myself once again going back to the ol' red and black colour scheme that has served me so well in the past! 
  Harry just sent me the image (a great photo of the two musicians) and said I had free reign to create whatever I saw fit on an A1 canvas.  The only thing he insisted I should incorporate into the piece was the deer from Captain Beefheart's 'Bluejeans and Moonbeams' album cover.  The rest I decided on myself, which ended up being an homage to Frank Zappa's 'Civilization Phaze III' album cover and the Rolling Stones logo mixed with some random Infected goodness! 
  I received great feedback from this piece.  Harry tells me everyone in his family loves it and he said it's the best money he has ever spent! 



No comments: