Friday 5 October 2012

Papa's Got A Brand New Board.Oww!


                            What a treat this was!
  It's been a while since I last Infected a skateboard of any kind, but this longboard had a shape and surface to die for! (Once I'd sprayed it anyway!)  Love that black and yellow!


Commissioned by my pal Danny Rees, there was no particular brief, just free reign to do whatever I felt like with it.
I'll always go back to black and yellow though, it's a strong look! 


When I started it, I had the rough image of a samurai helmet in my head. I think it was the shape of the board, it was willing me down a particular path! 


True to my nature though, I was driven to abstraction and the image became another seething mass of bits and bobs! 
  I threw an homage to the OneFiveEight into the mix,as Danny was there in the beginning when OneFiveEight was just 158,a number on the door of one of the sickest party gaffs in our existence! 


It's definitely given me the taste for Infecting more boards of any description!  All donations welcome! 



No comments: